Gynecologists deal with conditions like cancer or diseases of the reproductive organs such as uterus, vagina, vulva, cervix and fallopian tubes. They are also the specialists for abnormal menstrual periods like Amenorrhea and Dysmenorrhea. Women who experience incontinence of urine and prolapse in pelvic organs should also see a gynecologist. Gynecology is the study of the health of the female reproductive systems, which includes the vagina, ovaries, uterus and breasts.
For someone who is planning to study or become informed, you need to fully understand the things you have to keep in mind. This kind of field is very critical as you are going to deal with the needs of most women, and it could also be challenging when they are already pregnant. You have to know how you would be able to deal with them and make them more informed on the right steps they have to follow later on.
Gynecological therapies and examinations are more intimate but females should not feel hesitant in seeing a practitioner especially when there is strange feeling or sensation that is happening in their body.
What Gynecologist Do?
Moreover, gynecologist perform operations that are listed below:
* Hysterectomy – a surgery to remove a woman’s uterus or womb
* Tubal ligation – also known as tubes tied, tubal ligation is a surgery for sterilization wherein the fallopian tubes are blocked or sealed to prevent pregnancy
* Hysteroscopy – the procedure in which the doctor will check the inside of uterus to diagnose and treat abnormal bleeding
* Dilation & curettage – this surgery is being done to remove tissue from uterus if ever the patient is diagnosed with certain uterine conditions like bleeding. Doctors also do this to clear the lining of uterus after abortion of miscarriage
* Oophorectomy – is a surgery to remove ovaries
* Diagnostic laparotomy – this is being performed to diagnose pelvic and abdominal pain
* Cystoscopy – during this surgery, a cystoscope is being inserted through urethra and into the bladder to check any conditions with the bladder
* Cervical Excision Procedures or the removal of the surface of cervix that contain pre-cancerous cells